ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

I have a what I think is a Dixon Silver plate Cake stand

I have a what I think is a James Dixon Silver plate Cake stand with the numbers 1587 under neath the stamp marks. Can you tell me anything?
JA: What would you like to learn about the plate?
Customer: Hi Pearl...firstly is it of any value. Thats if as a total amateur I have interpreted it correctly.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the plate in?
Customer: Tarnished as it has been in the loft for years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Imprtant like what?

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you can please post a photo of your James Dixon Silver Plate Cake stand and any maker markings so I can give you an accurate evaluation. To add some photos use the small blue document icon next to the red SEND button, then add a message in the text with each picture before you hit send. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Mike...a couple of pictures

Hi, Thank You for the photos. Let me do a little research and I'll be back shortly. Thanks Mike

Hi, After my research your James Dixon & Sons EP stands for Extra Plate or Electro Plate silver plated cake stand/basket and dates to the late 1880's - 1900 and has a value in today's market at auction with similar examples in good condition £175.00 + to excellent condition £275.00 + depending on the collector or consumer. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer by
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.