Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an old rosewood bureau with bookcase on top. It has

Hi, I have an old rosewood bureau with bookcase on top . It has definite signs of wear and tear but is still a lovely piece of furniture in my opinion. I just wanted to know if it is worth putting up for sale as I am clearing my parents' house and it is too big and the wrong style for my home.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the furniture have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: I can certainly send photos and although I have looked, I cannot see a maker's mark or anything else but it is too heavy for me to take a look at the back.
JA: Do you know how old the furniture is?
Customer: Not really. It was a gift to my father about 40 years ago from a 97 year old neighbour. It had been in his house since 1929 apparently.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It comes apart into two pieces for transportation and the top and bottom were separated for some time before being reunited - possibly 20 years.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Have been trying to add photos but do not seem to be able to. Can I send them to an email address or something?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Looks like I have managed it now. Hopefully second photo attached.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
And a third picture of the interior. As you can see, it has had plenty of use.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Contact number 07903 530420

Thank you, I will work on this next.

This is a 1940 to 1960s mahogany drop front secretary desk with flame

mahogany lid, glass door and mirrored back, the desk

on bracket feet, valued at 400 to 550GBP.

Here are suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com. For the UK, selency.uk, loveantiques.com are good sites. For CANADA, kijiji.com is the most popular.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (local), and letgo.com (local), and 5miles.com (local).

Use invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them if you don't want to do all of the work of listing and dealing with sellers.

Please do click the stars for me next. The stars are all the way at the TOP of the screen if you are on a desktop. Click Rate the Expert to Finish if you are on mobile and that takes you to the five stars. We can still talk about this item after you rate. Rate my honesty and effort and not the site features.

For more items, you use "ask me another question" request but it expires in three seconds. You have to also WRITE my name (Rarewares) in addition to the request.You write the words Hello Rarewares, I have a table (for example) as the only sure way to get me again. Click stars here to end this chat then start over in a new request.