Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I am emptying my loft and came across my grandmothers old

Hi Yes, I am emptying my loft and came across my grandmothers old Booths China tea set, rather dusty and some chipped items but quite a lot such as 1 x platter(with chip), 2 plates, 11 side plates, 1 milk jug, 1 sugar bowl, 8 cups (1 broken) and 9 saucers. Interested to know about them, and any value on them. I have seen many whilst surfing the net but unsure. can you help or advise. Thank you *****: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the tea set have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: The markings are quite faint but resembles a horse/ unicorn standing on 2 legs
JA: Do you know how old the tea set is?
Customer: Well my Grandmother had it not sure if new or second hand when she got it, if she were alive today she would be about 120yr old, this was then passed down to my mother and now me.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Only that it the china has been stored in a loft for many years , covered but pretty dusty and few chips on some items, I am not keen to wash them just in case of there value!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Pictures added

Thank you, ***** ***** work on this next.

This is a late 1800s Booth's china set in pattern 2139, a pattern of dots and roses, valued at 300GBP for the lot (damage noted).

Here are suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com. For the UK, selency.uk, loveantiques.com are good sites. For CANADA, kijiji.com is the most popular.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (local), and letgo.com (local), and 5miles.com (local).

Use invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them if you don't want to do all of the work of listing and dealing with sellers.

Please do click the stars for me next. The stars are all the way at the TOP of the screen if you are on a desktop. Click Rate the Expert to Finish if you are on mobile and that takes you to the five stars. We can still talk about this item after you rate. Rate my honesty and effort and not the site features.

For more items, you use "ask me another question" request but it expires in three seconds. You have to also WRITE my name (Rarewares) in addition to the request.You write the words Hello Rarewares, I have a table (for example) as the only sure way to get me again. Click stars here to end this chat then start over in a new request.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the information, how do I find out about the pattern no 2139? Is there a website that lists the pattern numbers as I cannot find anything on that so is that because it is rare the china (someone else has told me that) or other reason. By the way I am in the UK. Thank you