Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a cutlery cabinet and baroque mirror that I’d like to

Hi I have a cutlery cabinet and baroque mirror that I’d like to sell where is the best place to have it appraised and sell
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the cabinet have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: not sure I’ll go and check
JA: Do you know how old the cabinet is? What condition is it in?
Customer: It’s in good condition all cutlery is there , 3 drawers full then a cupboard underneath can’t see any makers marks the bone cutlery says w h hodgkinson Sydney road Sheffield
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no , I’ve also got a drinks cabinet that is repro but still quite old with longdale reproductions made in England stamp on

My name is Rarewares. Adding photos is free.

Attach or send pictures one at a time. Do not "batch upload" all at once
or none will got through.

COMPUTER- use the blue paper with arrow symbol by the SEND
to load one photo at a time by browsing your device. Write a word for each one in the writing
area before you hit send, something like front, side or bottom so I know what the picture is.

The justanswer.com site starts on desktop, then they ask for your phone number. It does not mean
that you can reply to their texts and send pics that way.
You have to log into justanswer.com on your phone web browser to do that.

MOBILE/TABLET- you should be able to text them here.
Use the blue paper with arrow symbol next to the SEND button where it says Write your reply here.
Write a word FIRST, attach photo then hit send and do the next.

On Android, the symbol is very light grey and is on the left of the R in Reply.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can send pics of drinks cabinet later

1) A circa 1890 to 1910 English mahogany cutlery cabinet with paneled doors, valued at 300GBP resale.

2) A set of silver plated bone handled cutlery from Hodgkinson of Sheffield valued at 400GBP

3) A gilt framed baroque vertical wall mirror with ribbon, basket and swags, valued at 500GBP

To sell online; GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, Poshmark.com,
Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, and Chairish.com.
Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally.
Here are other local online classifieds;
Varagesale.com, and letgo.com, and 5miles.com.

Click the five stars next or just write THANK YOU.

I would be happy to help you again on a new page (after you click the stars here).
Use "ask this expert another question" and write HELLO RAREWARES there.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry slightly confused on price of cutlery cabinet , is the 300 without any of the cutlery ? Some of the cutlery is bone handled the rest is silver or silver plate , wondered what it would be priced at in total , many thanks

1) A circa 1890 to 1910 English mahogany cutlery cabinet with paneled doors (without cutlery), valued at 300GBP resale.

2) A set of silver plated bone handled cutlery from Hodgkinson of Sheffield valued at 300GBP, with other silver plated cutlery valued at 3GBP per piece.

I reassessed in cleared language, I hope that helps. Thank you for asking, I assumed it was all the bone handled.