Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a first edition of Hobbes leviathan by Morley.its

Hi I have a first edition of Hobbes leviathan by Morley.its from 1885 it’s like new I can only find it in library’s and they seen to be fourth editions and so on. I been searching the internet for the last month and there’s none out there
JA: What would you like to learn about the item?
Customer: The value and how rare thanks Sean
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Before I do, is there anything else they should know?
Customer: nope all’s good thanks
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry will get round to sending pictures this evening at work at the moment hope you have better luck than me finding it. Punch drunk springs to mind
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Trying to send on pictures

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Technically, the first edition of Leviathan was printed in 1651

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, sorry, I should have been more specific. This appears to be the first edition of a later reprinted edition by ‘Morley’s Universal Library’. I’ve found second and fourth editions of the book online but no first.

Here is a link for you to an 1885 printing published by George Routledge that sold for $22 10 years ago:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/hobbess-leviathan-129415617