Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I am curious how much a hand painted box may be worth, 1882,

I am curious how much a hand painted box may be worth
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: 1882
JA: What condition is the item in?
Customer: For its age not bad but quite poor condition except for the painted lid and it has a royal stamp inside?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I’m not sure I think photos will describe better

My name is Rarewares. Adding photos is free. I need one of the item and one of any marks, labels or signatures.
Photograph on a white surface for the best results (not red or a patterned background)

Attach or send pictures one at a time. Do not "batch upload" all at once
or none will go through.

COMPUTER- use the blue paper with arrow symbol by the SEND
to load one photo at a time by browsing your device. Write a word for each one in the writing
area before you hit send, something like front, side or bottom so I know what the picture is.

MOBILE/TABLET- you should be able to text them here.
Write a word in the comment box, attach photo then hit send and do the next.

I will answer back on the website not in texts.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok thank you it’s probably worth not but the hand painted lid and stamp inside has raised my curiosity
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Here’s the lid
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The stamp inside
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
And it’s painted with the original paint in black around the sides
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It’s pretty tatty and could do with restoration if it’s worth it?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The detail in the hand painted lid is amazing the artist was highly skilled!

I will work on this next.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No thanks

This is a papier-mâché Imperial Russian box with lid, painted in oils in the Russian style, the inner lid carries the date 1882 for the Golden Year 1882 Alexander Emperor of all Russia.

Value: $225

Here are suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com. For the UK, selency.uk, loveantiques.com are good sites. For CANADA, kijiji.com is the most popular.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (local), and letgo.com (local), and 5miles.com (local).

Use invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an

auction house near you and consign to them if you don't want to do all of the work of listing and dealing with sellers.

Do go to the justanswer.com website (if you are not already there) and

click the five stars next or WRITE THANK YOU.The site survey is NOT rating the expert.

You have to rate me for this answer (it is the only way the site pays me for my work)

then start a new chat with HI RAREWARES I HAVE ANOTHER ITEM as title.

Even though you click to ask me another, it is still posted for everyone to answer on a public board.

That is why I ask that you write my name. Most experts will not take the customer as a courtesy if my name is written.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.

Please rate me for this answer (it is the only way the site pays me for my work)