Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a small silver dish has a lion, an oval with 925 in

I have a small silver dish has a lion, an oval with 925 in it, a six sided mark with RC in it the letter O in a square ,finally a Celtic type cross ,I am a novice !!
JA: What would you like to learn about the dish?
Customer: How old , looking at a photo on line the nearest I can see is 1924 ,the lion is obviously English ,the letters obviously the makers initials and the oval shape with925 i have no idea and the cross is the same
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the dish in?
Customer: Excellent it’s about 5” x 3” oval heavily decorated sold as a trinket dish for a dressing table
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No I think I have given all the info I can

My name is Rarewares.

I need one picture of the item and one of any marks, labels or signatures.
Photograph on a white surface (not in your hands)
for the best results (not red or a patterned background)

Attach or send pictures one at a time. Do not "batch upload" all at once
or none will go through.

Write a word in the comment box, attach photo then hit send and do the next.

I will answer back on the website not in texts.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hope these are ok

I only got one. I need to see the marks

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This as clear as I can get
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Did you receive the close up of the hallmarks ?

This is a 1988 Richard Carr of Sheffield, England silver oval dish with ribbons and bows design valued at $150 resale.

Here are suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com. For the UK, selency.uk, loveantiques.com are good sites. For CANADA, kijiji.com is the most popular.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (local), and letgo.com (local), and 5miles.com (local).

Use invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an

auction house near you and consign to them if you don't want to do all of the work of listing and dealing with sellers.

Do go to the justanswer.com website (if you are not already there) and

click the five stars next or WRITE THANK YOU.The site survey is NOT rating the expert.

You have to rate me for this answer (it is the only way the site pays me for my work)

then start a new chat with HI RAREWARES I HAVE ANOTHER ITEM as title.

Even though you click to ask me another, it is still posted for everyone to answer on a public board.

That is why I ask that you write my name. Most experts will not take the customer as a courtesy if my name is written.