Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a figurine of an oriental lady reclining on a bamboo

Hi, I have a figurine of an oriental lady reclining on a bamboo couch. It is very heavy clay or porcelain, it measures about 25cm long x 10cm tall that in the couch, and has some makers marks on the bottom. Would there be someone who could give me an appraisal on this. Thank you
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the figurine is?
Customer: No history on it at all
JA: What condition is the figurine in?
Customer: There is some damage to the back of the couch, like a large sliver gone, one of the fingers are gone on the left hand, and all four fingers are gone on the right hand.otherwise in good condition
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: There is a long inscription on the bottom which I think could be japanese. Its definitely not modern, it came from an old country house.

My name is***** photos is free.

Attach or send pictures one at a time. Do not "batch upload" all at once
or none will go through.

COMPUTER- use the blue paper with arrow symbol by the SEND
to load one photo at a time by browsing your device. Write a word for each one in the writing
area before you hit send, something like front, side or bottom so I know what the picture is.

MOBILE/TABLET- you should be able to text them here.
Write a word in the comment box, attach photo then hit send and do the next.

I will answer back on the website not in texts.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Front view
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Underside

I am not getting pictures, only words

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you get them now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think they are on their way

This is a Chinese 1920 to 1930s concubine art pottery figurine valued at $300 resale.

Here are suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com. For the UK, selency.uk, loveantiques.com are good sites. For CANADA, kijiji.com is the most popular.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (local), and letgo.com (local), and 5miles.com (local).

Use invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an

auction house near you and consign to them if you don't want to do all of the work of listing and dealing with sellers.

Do go to the justanswer.com website (if you are not already there) and

click the five stars next or WRITE THANK YOU.The site survey is NOT rating the expert.

You have to rate me for this answer (it is the only way the site pays me for my work)

then start a new chat with HI RAREWARES I HAVE ANOTHER ITEM as title.

Even though you click to ask me another, it is still posted for everyone to answer on a public board.

That is why I ask that you write my name. Most experts will not take the customer as a courtesy if my name is written.