Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a silver penknife with a mother of pearl handle. The

I have a silver penknife with a mother of pearl handle. The knife both sides is decorated and the it has 4 markings on the knife. The first looks like the top of a crown, 2nd letter either R or B, 3rd lion facing left, 4th letters HA?
JA: What would you like to learn about the knife?
Customer: How old it is and whether it has any value.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the knife in?
Customer: Very good condition although the silver needs cleaning.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It was passed down to me by my parents.

My name is Rarewares.
I'm happy to help you today, I need to see a picture
of the item and any
signatures or stamps on bottom or back so
that I can give you an accurate appraisal.
Please add at your convenience.

I will answer back on the website not in the text messages.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I send the photos to you?

COMPUTER- use the blue paper with arrow symbol by the SEND
to load one photo at a time by browsing your device. Write a word for each one in the writing
area before you hit send, something like front, side or bottom so I know what the picture is.

MOBILE/TABLET- you should be able to text them here.
Write a word in the comment box, attach photo then hit send and do the next.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think the photos are self explanatory

This is a late 1800s English sterling silver pen knife with mother of pearl handle made by Atkin Brothers of Sheffield, England valued at 100GBP resale.

Here are suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com. For the UK, selency.uk, loveantiques.com are good sites. For CANADA, kijiji.com is the most popular.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (local), and letgo.com (local), and 5miles.com (local).

Use invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an

auction house near you and consign to them if you don't want to do all of the work of listing and dealing with sellers.

Do go to the justanswer.com website (if you are not already there) and

click the five stars next or WRITE THANK YOU.The site survey is NOT rating the expert.

You have to rate me for this answer (it is the only way the site pays me for my work)

then start a new chat with HI RAREWARES I HAVE ANOTHER ITEM as title.

Even though you click to ask me another, it is still posted for everyone to answer on a public board.

That is why I ask that you write my name. Most experts will not take the customer as a courtesy if my name is written.