Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an original painting by Anne Huet Gundill. I would

Customer Question

I have an original painting by Anne Huet Gundill. I would like to know how to go about getting it valued and sold
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Is there any info on the back of the painting, or a certificate of authenticity?
Customer: No, but the artist actually wrote her name and address on the frame and a note to my husband who she gave it to about 20 years ago. The painting is signed. I actually met her many times, so I know it is genuine.
JA: What condition is the painting in?
Customer: It looks perfecf to me
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I do not know of anything else, other than her family still live in Le Harve in France. I knew her persoanlly and visited her in E'tretar and also in St. Tropez a few tims while she was alive. I know she had two sons and I am in touch with one fo them.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 15 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 15 days ago.

In order to properly assess what you have, I would please need to see images.

Please add images at your convenience.

To attach photos, there should be a blue document icon next to the SEND button.

~Nora

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Here is a picture of it
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can you tell me when they will call?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please ask your admin team why I have been charged £15.12 for this when I agreed to a £5 charge.
Expert:  Nora replied 15 days ago.

I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. Do not re-list your question! That is a duplicate; it will be closed by admin and slows down the system. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

Your question can be seen by all the experts. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can you please tell me when I will hear from someone. This is a very poor service.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am still waiting to hear from someone, can you please advise
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If I do not hear from soneone at all, then I would request you to refund my money. It is not fair to charge and then not reply.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 13 days ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have no way of finding out my answer without an expert to help. Please continue to try and find the answer for me
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can someone out there please answer me. I really need your help with this question.?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 days ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No please continue to look. I need an answer
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK thank you for your perseverance
Customer: replied 11 hours ago.
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS NOW. CAN YOU PLEASE GET BACK TO ME.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 6 hours ago.

So sorry for the wait, this was just brought to my attention.

Anne Huet Gundhill is a listed artist known for painting. This original painting by the artist is valued at $1800 to $2100 resale.

Here are suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com,
Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com. For the UK, selency.uk,
loveantiques.com are good sites. For CANADA, kijiji.com and sellmystuffcanada.com are the most popular.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online
classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (local),
and letgo.com (local), and 5miles.com (local).

Use invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them if you don't want to do all of the work of
listing and dealing with sellers.

To finish, click all five green stars at the bottom of the screen.
Bonuses are also welcome!
On mobile or app, write THANK YOU or FIVE STARS.

Have another item? START OVER ON A NEW PAGE here https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-rarewares/
by addressing it to me with For Rarewares Only.
You must start a separate page, you can't add it here in this chat.

Customer: replied 6 hours ago.
Well I was told this two weeks ago and no one has emailed me. Can you please chase them again?
Expert:  Rarewares replied 6 hours ago.

I just answered in full on the website, can you see it?