LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I inherited a ivory hair pin, from my gran, don't know old

I inherited a ivory hair pin, from my gran, don't know old it is, but it definitely came from Burma, it has a screw off top, with a hand carved Buddha. I would like to know more about the items value. I won't be selling it but would like to know if I should insure it.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: Not sure of the actual age but over a 100 year old.
JA: What condition is the item in?
Customer: It's chipped a bit and has a crack as well.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No not at the moment. Thank you.
This is Wayne. I am working on your question. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply.
Please post photos of this by clicking on the Blue document icon by the Red send button.
Thanks again,
Wayne
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (M557QS7)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (6ZS5TLL)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (P5SP44Z)

I can't find a match for this I will opt out of this question so others may be able to help you.

Thanks,

Wayne

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me to review your photos and post back when completed by chance do you know the length of this hair pain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roughly about 4inches long.

Thank you for your patience. You have a beautiful Burmese ivory hair pin. It carries the Buddha to protect the girl that wears it in her hair. Always in range of the Buddhas magic of protection and shows her devotion to the Buddha. The crack in the blade of the pin is natural and neither detracts from the value or the condition. It is a rare and beautiful object. It is at least 175-200 years old. The nature of this ivory takes years to turn yellow as it is a slow aging ivory. The value of the hair pic is 350-450.00

When I have helped you completely please rate my work by the stars above the post here. It is strictly how I ma paid from the company. I appreciate your time. If you have further questions on the pin please do not hesitate to ask as I am always happy to help you.

LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience: 25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. ��

you are very welcome have a wonderful Sunday