ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

NCSUNBURST ONLY, I messaged earlier re the Jenny Lind book.

CustomerONLYHi Mike, I messaged earlier re the Jenny Lind book.
I've got hold of an old programme from the 'inauguration of Franklin D Roosevelt & Henry A Wallace.
Its his third inauguration and is dated 1941.
Its a hardback limited edition programme in perfect condition.
It's copy no. 396 and has the name Captain HG Copeland embossed on the front.
On the first inner page it states 'This is copy No. 396 of the limited edition De Luxe Edition Roosevelt-Wallace Official Inaugural Program' It is then hand-signed by Joseph E Davies the 'Chairman of the General Inaugural Committee'
On page 3, Howard (presumably Captain HG Copeland) has written a 10 line note dedicating the book to a friend in Blackpool, England and this is signed and dated Feb 5 1941, Washington DC.
I have some info on Joseph Davies but not much on Capt Copeland and I don't have a clue about price. I have seen the non limited edition ones on eBay but that's about it.
Any info you can give is once again really appreciated.
Justin

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
FOR MIKENo problem, am in no rush :-) Thank you

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you can please post clear photos of your program and all information so I can give you an accurate evaluation. To add some photos use the small blue document icon next to the red SEND button, then add a message in the text with each picture before you hit send. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Mike, I’m not going to be at home where the programme is for the next day or two but I’ll get the photos over to you as soon as able if that’s ok? Many thanks
Justin

Hi Justin, Yes Please keep me posted & I have seen 2 of these programs over the years. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Mike, thanks for that - here are the pics :-)
All the best
Justin

Hi, Thank You for the photos. Let me do a little research and I'll be back shortly. Thanks Mike

Hi, After my research your Limited deluxe hardback edition produced by The General Inaugural Committee in 1941. Signed by Joseph E. Davies, Chairman of the Committee. Number 396 of this limited edition. This copy was presented to Captain H. G. Copeland and he has written a long inscription on the front endpaper dated February 5th 1941 has a value in today's market at auction in good condition £75.00 + to excellent condition £125.00, depending on the collector or consumer. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer by
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
The stars are located at the top of the page RATE YOUR EXPERT 5 stars being the best or just write Thank You I'll get credit for helping you. On mobile or app, you will see "Rate Expert to Finish" at the bottom. When you tap it, it turns into the stars.

Experience: Antique Dealer
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That’s brilliant - very many thanks for your help :-)

Hi, Your Welcome & Thank You and if you ever need help in the future just ask and I would be glad to help you with any new questions you might have in the future I am very well versed in all antiques, coins, books, primitives, bottles, collectibles etc. just put FOR MIKE orCustomerONLY at the front of your question in just the APPRAISALS category not ANTIQUES. Thanks Mike