Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

` I have a Lucerne Lion and would appreciate one of you guys

`Hi. I have a Lucerne Lion and would appreciate one of you guys giving me a rough idea how much its worth. I know here are many out there from very expensive to cheap, I have 3 pics and the measurements are 8 x 4 x 3 ins. Can you help? is there a fee, if not how do you guys make your money etc.... sorry to ask
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: Difficult to assess. It came from an elderly persons house in the 1960's. it certainly fits the description of the higher quality ones. Bear with me and I will send pics..
JA: What condition is the item in?
Customer: good except some very slight water damage to the base. how do you attach pics
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: let me quickly weigh it. that will give a clue as to what wood it is
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (QMTTPTQ)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it weighs 556g and is 8x4x3 ins
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
actually there is no damage at all. the dark colour at the base is a water mark but it hasn't affected the wood etc.

This is a 19th century carved wood Lucerne lion figurine made in France, valued at 135GBP resale.

Please scroll to the top of this page and click all five stars to end this one. On mobile phone or app,
write Five Stars or click on five stars if you see them on your page.
Bonuses are also welcome!

To have me do another item, look for the ask another question option and write For Rarewares when you get to that page.
Or use this link and write For Rarewares Only under my picture (very important to write my name-rarewares-)
https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-rarewares/