Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2021
71377891

We have an antique cast iron fireback that we think was the

Hi, we have an antique cast iron fireback that we think was the original from our house build in early 1800’s. We are looking to get it valued
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the antique is?
Customer: I’m not entirely sure - we can’t see a date on it anywhere
JA: What condition is the antique in?
Customer: Fair condition
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (3V451GM)

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great, I really appreciate this. Thank you

Thank you for your patience.

Your antique, early 19th century, cast iron fireback, in fair condition, has a value of $300 - $400.

Please now take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars.

The rating stars (5 being best) should be at the top or bottom of your screen.

On mobile or app, you will see "Rate Expert to Finish" at the bottom. When you tap it, it turns into the stars.

If you cannot locate the stars, please respond back with "Thank You" and admin will handle this is in a few days time.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way I can find out for definite if it is 19th century?

You are welcome.

It is most definitely early 19th century, based on the the design, use and imagery.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help Nora

You are welcome.