Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am looking for a valuation of a painting. It is a study

Customer Question

I am looking for a valuation of a painting. It is a study from Sir Peter Lely or his workshop.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Is there any info on the back of the painting, or a certificate of authenticity?
Customer: No immediately visible but my husband purchased it more than 25 years ago from a reputed art dealer in U.K.
JA: What condition is the painting in?
Customer: Excellent condition in golden engraved frame
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: By eye judgment, I suspect the finished painting is in Edinburgh 's portrait gallery.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order to properly assess what you have, I would please need to see images.

Please add images at your convenience.

To attach photos, there should be a blue document icon next to the SEND button.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (1212524)
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

These are unviewable photos.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure whether you mean the clarity or file format.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. Do not re-list your question! That is a duplicate; it will be closed by admin and slows down the system. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

Your question can be seen by all the experts. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora