Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My father passed away last year and I have found a hugh

Customer Question

hello...……..my father passed away last year and I have found a hugh amount of stamp ie Full set of Queen Mother 90 Birthday in a folder with stamps from: Bhamas, Barbados,British Antartic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory.……….all in pristine condition I was wonder if there was any monitory value in them Plus first edition stamps from 1974, 75, 76...….
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Before I do, is there anything else they should know?
Customer: No.....however there are far too many stamps, collections to photo all of them
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have : Universal Postal Union 1874/1974 Stamps, Churchill Centenary stamps, Jane Austin stamps from 1975, Fire Engine stamps from 1974......the list is endless
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.

My name is Glenda,

I have been searching for this and cannot find it.

I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. Do not re-list your question! That is a duplicate; will be closed by admin and slows down the system. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

Your question can be seen by all the experts. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, there's no way for anyone to appraise a stamp online. It's far too involved. There are a number of flaws, errors, variances, etc that you can't see online or through photos that can drastically alter the value. Stamps really need to be seen in person. You honestly would be better off contacting an appraiser with the he Philatelic Traders' Society Ltd. so you can take your stamp to them in person. On their site you can search for an appraiser or member in your area. They would be better equipped to evaluate your piece. You can search for a local dealer here: https://www.thepts.net/member-directory.html#!directory/map

.

Not only can they help you value your collection, you can also find a dealer that would be interested in buying it.

I wish you the best of luck

~Diana