ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

I have a book published 1908 - "Hunts with Jorrocks" -

I have a book published 1908 - "Hunts with Jorrocks" - No.225 of a limited edition of 350 signed by the artist G. Denholm Armour, published by Hodder & Stoughton, London. What is it worth?,
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Are the pages, cover, and spine in good condition?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Do you know if your copy is a first edition?
Customer: I presume it is a first edition as it is limited to 350 copies. How do I find out?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No - that`s as much as I know about it but I do know who the original owner was if that is any help.

Thanks! What a fantastic book! These sell for 50 to 75 pounds at auction - the attached brought 58 pounds recently, described as follows: "Hunts With Jorrocks". The iconic 1908 edition published by Hodder & Stoughton illustrated by G.Denholm Armour produced in a limited edition of 350,this number 100,personally signed by the illustrator. Printed on hand cut paper by T &A Constable,Printers To His Majesty at The Edinburgh University Press. Exceptionally fine pigskin leather binding with embossed gilt titles.Large 11" x 9", 215 pages. Twenty five superb full page tipped in litho'd plates,all tissue guarded. A supremely attractive volume and a rare item,only a couple of these copies available on the internet at figures of £350+. Binding in very good tight condition. Leather covers in similarly very nice order,thin emulsion paint splash to spine and to bottom left front board."

Again, thank you! Is there any additional information that I can provide? Rating my professionalism using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes my work in helping you and closes the question. It does not cost you anything additional. (https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer) Also, I don't participate in calls that cost additional money for you: these requests come from JustAnswer and not the expert. If you have any more questions, let me know!

Thank you for reviewing your answer, but I noticed that you did not rate it. Is there any additional information I can provide?

Rating my professionalism is the way that JustAnswer closes a question and lets me help others. If you need help rating the question, see: https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer or alternately, a reply like "thank you that was helpful" allows me to close it manually. Again, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your full answer. that is very kind.