Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I've got a gate leg table that belonged to my mother -in -

Customer Question

I've got a gate leg table that belonged to my mother -in - law that we inherited when she died it's made of dark wood not sure what, the legs are not what looks like twisted its also got4old nasty looking hinges that are sort of rusty looking and big
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the table have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: If it has I don't know where to look for it
JA: Do you know how old the table is?
Customer: It looks very old and belonged to my mother in law she died at 91 I think I've had it for 18 years my husband's family weren't very well off so whether they had it as a wedding present I don't know as my husband died last year
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The legs are square at the top then made into grounded shape with like a double step underneath going into a longer rounded piece that gets bigger then comes into a double step in reverse to the other one then a round with a step below that then it goes square again then it has a piece taken out to accommodate the cross piece on the main table part. There are right legs altogether
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My screen name is Rarewares.

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels on the bottom or back.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

Write any word in the message box

then choose only ONE picture then send and do the next. It will not let you batch upload them all at once.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

I will answer on the website once I research and write the answer, so thank you for your patience.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't find any identity marks of any kind any where
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but is the antique expert able to ring later on as I find it a lot easier to speak to a person than a message
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I don't do the $34 live phone calls but other experts do. That is an automated pop up sent

to all customers by the website and not by me.

I will continue corresponding with you in writing here on the page once

you add pictures here. It does not cost extra to add photos.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't worry about phoning now as the phone cost is accelerating and I'm on a limited income
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to be a member any more as it is becoming expensive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please remove card details previously given and phone number thanks
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Will you be able to add photos?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to cancel phone call and everything else connected with bystander as of now thanks