Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have six large antique forks the narkings contain in old

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have six large antique forks the narkings contain in old English style Mr M and a shield with a crown & letters PS. There is also an a well infront of the markin- Sheffield plate and by whom, please.Many thanks
JA: What would you like to learn about the plate? Does it have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: David only the ones mentioned above
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What's the age and condition of the plate?
Customer: Good condition- no idea of age .Can you identify by the initials in the shield?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not really except they are very heavy- are they Sheffield plate?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My screen name is Rarewares.

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels on the bottom or back.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

Write any word in the message box

then choose only ONE picture then send and do the next. It will not let you batch upload them all at once.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

I will answer on the website once I research and write the answer, so thank you for your patience.

-Rarewares