Wayne
Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have an oil painting which we purchased a number of years

I have an oil painting which we purchased a number of years ago at an auction house, I would like it valued
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the painting in?
Customer: it is in good condition, but needs a ckean
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: the painting is signed but I can’t make it out properly
This is Wayne. I am working on your question. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached a photo of the painting, this may help, thank you Wayne

Please post a photo of the back side of the painting.

Thanks,

Wayne

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the expert is unable to call me I’d like a refund , why should I pay for a call from the expert if he can’t call me ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I received your photos. This is a fairly modern painting most likely less than 50 years old done by an unknown artist in a 19th century style. This was sold as a decorative pieces either by a decorator or a furniture store. This has a Resale Value of £150-200. Etsy, Ebay, Liveauctioneers, Craigslist and Facebook local yard sale groups are good sales venues for this painting.

THanks again,

Wayne

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** help
My pleasure.
Cheers,
Wayne