ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

My 1831 proof 64 penny is ddr is it rare, I purchased it

My 1831 proof 64 penny is ddr is it rare
JA: What would you like to learn about the penny? Do you know where it's from?
Customer: I purchased it from america
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the penny in?
Customer: Proof64
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: All I need to know is a ddr rare on a coin this old.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you can please post clear photos of both sides of your coin so I can give you an accurate evaluation. To add some photos use the small blue document icon next to the red SEND button, then add a message in the text with each picture before you hit send. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sending you multiple pictures via USB microscope plus the Grading labeled on the case. All the shadow and doubling is on the tails side. The head side has no such anomalies.

Hi, After my research your 1831 Great Britain Penny PR-64 Double Die Reverse Britannia seated right, Reverse Legend: BRITANNIAR: REX FED: DEF: is rare but does not say how many errors there are and has a value in today's market, at auction in PR-64 £2275.00 + depending on the collector. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike .
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer by
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

The stars are located at the top of the page RATE YOUR EXPERT 5 stars being the best or just write I'll get credit for helping you. On mobile or app, you will see "Rate Expert to Finish" at the bottom. When you tap it, it turns into the stars. Thank You

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mike,
If there was 806,400 or so coins minted that year, there must be records of others that have come forward, if no record is known is this a one off, can you investigate further. Regards Robert.

Hi Robert, I ran all records in my data base and I only ran across 12 known that had a Double Die Reverse there might be more that were noticed at the time these were made and were not put out into circulation and the highest one that sold at auction in December 7th, 2019 in PR-64 went for £2275.00. Thanks Mike

Hi Robert, Thank You and if you ever need help in the future just ask and I would be glad to help you with any new questions you might have in the future I am very well versed in all antiques, coins, books, primitives, bottles, clocks & watches,collectibles etc. just put FOR MIKE orCustomerONLY at the front of your question in just the APPRAISALS category not ANTIQUES. Thanks Mike