Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

We have a lot of Barratts and Alfred meakin Cream And gold

We have a lot of Barratts and Alfred meakin Cream And gold pattern tea set with side plates 9 to 22 kit gold 14 tea cups 20 side plates and 28 saucers are they worth anything It seems very rare
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the tea set is? What condition is it in?
Customer: very good condition it was my mother in laws and we have had it stored away for 25 years it’s about 40 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: it’s got different gold markings on the back of the pieces about 6 are 9 kt rest are 18 kt and 22 kt the gold pattern is all over the cups plates and saucers do you want me to send a picture

My screen name is Rarewares.

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels on the bottom or back.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

Write any word in the message box

then choose only ONE picture then send and do the next. It will not let you batch upload them all at once.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

I will answer on the website once I research and write the answer, so thank you for your patience.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the info requested
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More pics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (VS7MVVQ)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (P6TPP6S)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As requested

These are all small format and I cannot enlarge them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this better
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now the cups

This is an Alfred Meakin of England 1930 to 1950s porcelain with gold

pattern valued at 5GBP for each cup, 5 for each saucer, 10GBP for each side plate.

Please scroll to the top or bottom of this page and click all five stars to end this one.
On mobile, just write FIVE STARS if you do not see the blue words Rate the Expert to Finish.
Bonuses are welcome!

For another item (do not add them in this thread), start a new thread and write @rarewares.
No matter where you post, they go to a list where we compete for questions, so writing my name (@rarewares)
sends it to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know how we can sell many thanks

Here are suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com,
Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com. For the UK, selency.uk,
loveantiques.com are good sites. For CANADA, kijiji.com and sellmystuffcanada.com are the most popular.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online
classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (local),
and letgo.com (local), and 5miles.com (local).

Use invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them if you don't want to do all of the work of
listing and dealing with sellers.

Bonuses are welcome!

sends it to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I am unsure how to sell which do you think is best for us safe and easy

loveantiques.com would be best.