Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I also have what I believe to be a Georgian tantalus with 3

Good morning I also have what I believe to be a Georgian tantalus with 3 decanters. It is in carved oak with what looks like brass fittings although my wife believes the metal to be silver albeit a bit tarnished at present. The 3 decanters date from the same period but were purchased seperately. The main advantage as I see it is that the lock works and comes with the original key.

My screen name is Rarewares.

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels on the bottom or back.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

Write any word in the message box

then choose only ONE picture then send and do the next. It will not let you batch upload them all at once.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

I will answer on the website once I research and write the answer, so thank you for your patience.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no markings writing or labels anywhere
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Second photo

I do need to see the bottoms of the decanters, they look to be Baccarat...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry no markings at all on the bottoms

This is an early to mid 1800s English tantalus with three crystal decanters, valued at 400GBP resale.

Please scroll to the top or bottom of this page and click all five stars to end this one.
On mobile, just write FIVE STARS if you do not see the blue words Rate the Expert to Finish.
Bonuses are welcome!

For another item (do not add them in this thread), start a new thread and write @rarewares.
No matter where you post, they go to a list where we compete for questions, so writing my name (@rarewares)
sends it to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.