ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

A small handgun now decommissioned inscribed above the

a small handgun now decommissioned inscribed above the bullet chamber "Smith's Patent" and "Apr 16 1873 No 41" and to the bottom of the handle "1089". I believe this to be an Otis Smith gun from Connecticut but apparently this company went out of business some years ago and I can get no further info.

My screen name is Rarewares.

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels on the bottom or back.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

Write any word in the message box

then choose only ONE picture then send and do the next. It will not let you batch upload them all at once.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

I will answer on the website once I research and write the answer, so thank you for your patience.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The gun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Top
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under handle

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Let me do a little research and I'll be back shortly. Thanks Mike

Hi, After my research your small handgun is a Otis Smith Middlefield & Rockfall, Connecticut and was in business from 1873 to 1890, .41 short r.f. caliber, 5 shot single action revolver, spur trigger, solid frame, 2 3/4" round barrel, varnished rosewood grips marked: SMITH'S PATENT / APR. 16 1873 No 41 has a value in today's market at auction in good condition £525.00 + to excellent condition £850.00 + depending on the collector or consumer. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer by
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
The stars are located at the top of the page RATE YOUR EXPERT 5 stars being the best or just write Thank You I'll get credit for helping you. On mobile or app, you will see "Rate Expert to Finish" at the bottom. When you tap it, it turns into the stars.

Experience: Antique Dealer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Your Welcome & Thank You and if you ever need help in the future just ask and I would be glad to help you with any new questions you might have in the future I am very well versed in all antiques, coins, books, primitives, bottles, clocks & watches,collectibles etc. just put FOR MIKE orCustomerONLY at the front of your question in just the APPRAISALS category not ANTIQUES. Thanks Mike