Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Central draught oil lamp - do you know who maker was with

Customer Question

central draught oil lamp - do you know who maker was with this mark? On wick button, on black background an oulined cross od four equal legs in a square with round corners.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the lamp is? What condition is it in?
Customer: "oxidised" brass will clean well, perhaps about 50 years, need to know maker to get wick.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I can send photo when possible
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My screen name isCustomer

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels on the bottom or back.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

Write any word in the message box

then choose only ONE picture then send and do the next. It will not let you batch upload them all at once.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

I will answer on the justanswer.com website once I research and write the answer, so thank you for your patience.

-Rarewares

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Will you be able to add photos?

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

.