Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have old Danish plates marked Gustaf Berg and Danica on

I have old Danish plates marked Gustaf Berg and Danica on the back. It is a blue pattern but I cannot find it anywhere. It was second hand when my parents got it in1944. 6 deep plates and 6 flat plates plus a large oval serving/carving plate. Any idea? Kirsten
JA: What would you like to learn about the plate?
Customer: Their name and possible value - before I throw them out.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What's the age and condition of the plate?
Customer: I can send photos via my phone if you give me an address
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: My mother used to say they were "fayance" i.e not china but not pottery. Perhaps a French word ?

My screen name is Rarewares.

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels on the bottom or back.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

Write any word in the message box

then choose only ONE picture then send and do the next. It will not let you batch upload them all at once.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

I will answer on the justanswer.com website once I research and write the answer, so thank you for your patience.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (M37S6MQ)

Let's see the back--I also need to know how big they are.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (54P6TZP)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scalloped edge. 24 and 1/2 cm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (7P3P6QP)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (ZP4VTL4)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (GZZ7TZ2)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The size of the plates is 24 1/2 cm

This is a set of Gustavsberg of Sweden flow blue porcelain plates in the Danica pattern made in the 1890 to 1910 time period valued at 30GBP per plate.

Please scroll to the top or bottom of this page and click all five stars to end this one.
On mobile, just write FIVE STARS if you do not see the blue words Rate the Expert to Finish.
Bonuses are welcome!

For another item (do not add them in this thread), start a new thread and write @rarewares.
No matter where you post, they go to a list where we compete for questions, so writing my name (@rarewares)
sends it to me.