Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have two dining chairs, at the bottom of one a leg is

Hi, I have two dining chairs, at the bottom of one a leg is discreetly turned inwards is this unique?
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have two dining chairs at the bottom of one a leg is discreetly turned inwards is this unique?
JA: What would you like to learn about the chair?
Customer: Are they collectable?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What's the age and condition of the chair?
Customer: The condition is good, my father was a french polisher he accepted them as a payment in the 1920s so have no idea of age
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: They have been repolished several times

My screen name is Rarewares.

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels on the bottom or back.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

Write any word in the message box

then choose only ONE picture then send and do the next. It will not let you batch upload them all at once.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

I will answer on the justanswer.com website once I research and write the answer, so thank you for your patience.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No marks writings or labels visible.

I only got leg close up photo (twice)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry!

This is a pair of early to mid 1800s mahogany dining chairs attributed to Scotland, valued at 200GBP each.

Please scroll to the top or bottom of this page and click all five stars to end this one.
On mobile, just write FIVE STARS if you do not see the blue words Rate the Expert to Finish.
Bonuses are welcome!

For another item (do not add them in this thread), start a new thread and write @rarewares.
No matter where you post, they go to a list where we compete for questions, so writing my name (@rarewares)
sends it to me.