Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a dixon & son silver plate salver 26cm diameter with

i have a James dixon & son silver plate salver 26cm diameter with claw feet ... the hallmark is Ep (electro plate) J D & S the trumpet and numbers 4531S
JA: What would you like to learn about the plate?
Customer: basically i am clearing out and want to sell some things i don't need anymore and obviously don't want to over or undersell - so just a rough value
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What's the age and condition of the plate?
Customer: no idea what age - but it was my grandmothers and has been a in a box for about 25 years in very good condition - probably just needs a polish
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: not really - thanks, Annette

My screen name is Rarewares.

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels on the bottom or back.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

Write any word in the message box

then choose only ONE picture then send and do the next. It will not let you batch upload them all at once.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

I will answer on the justanswer.com website once I research and write the answer, so thank you for your patience.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Below is the JD&S silver plate salver I will send another of the hallmarks

add the marks next

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are the hallmarks of the JD&S silver salver

This is a late 1800s James Dixon and Sons of England silver plated footed salver valued at 75GBP resale.

Please scroll to the top or bottom of this page and click all five stars to end this one.
On mobile, just write FIVE STARS if you do not see the blue words Rate the Expert to Finish.
Bonuses are welcome!

For another item (do not add them in this thread), start a new thread and write @rarewares.
No matter where you post, they go to a list where we compete for questions, so writing my name (@rarewares)
sends it to me.