ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

I have a 1959 gold sovereign in perfect condition. The coin

I have a 1959 gold sovereign in perfect condition. The coin has what looks like St George, slaying a dragon on one side. Please could I have an indication of value?Also, where is the best place to sell this type of coin?

Thank you! Based on current gold prices if $1,720 an ounce, your 1959 Great Britain gold sovereign, Elizabeth II Young Head, would sell for $700 USD (550 pounds). I'd reach out in the USA to APMEX (https://www.apmex.com/) which has very tight buy/sell spreads for these modern issues.

Again, thank you! Is there any additional information that I can provide? Rating my professionalism using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes my work in helping you and closes the question. It does not cost you anything additional. (https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer) Also, I don't participate in calls that cost additional money for you: these requests come from JustAnswer and not the expert. If you have any more questions, let me know!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply and in answering my questions.
kind regards
Mark

Thanks, Mark!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you received a 5* review from me. I will recommend you to many others on the quality of your response!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, I contacted APMEX but they emailed me to say: Products must add up to a minimum transaction value of $1,000.00 and I must reside and ship from the U.S.Please could recommend someone in the UK who would consider buying my coin?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

My pleasure, thank you, too!