Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a pottery plate with a signature on it but I do not

I have a pottery plate with a signature on it but I do not know if it has any value. It looks European but I cant be sure.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the pottery have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: Yes there is a signature on it. Its very clear but I cant read what it says.
JA: Do you know how old the pottery is? What condition is it in?
Customer: Its in very good condition but I dont think its very old maybe 70s
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no

My screen name is Rarewares.

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels on the bottom or back.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

Write any word in the message box

then choose only ONE picture then send and do the next. It will not let you batch upload them all at once.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

I will answer on the justanswer.com website once I research and write the answer, so thank you for your patience.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
File attached (ZPV37MV)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No its fine I dont think it has any great value but I would like to know who it is made by. Thanks

This is a vintage 1970 to 1980s redware slip glazed primitive style plate attributed to Finland, signed illegibly, valued at $75 resale.

Please scroll to the top or bottom of this page and click all five stars to end this one.
On mobile, just write FIVE STARS if you do not see the blue words Rate the Expert to Finish.
Bonuses are welcome!

For another item (do not add them in this thread), start a new thread and write @rarewares.
No matter where you post, they go to a list where we compete for questions, so writing my name (@rarewares)
sends it to me.