Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have been given 6 gorgeous dining chairs. the story is,

I have been given 6 gorgeous dining chairs. the story is, they were made by a cabinet maker in Zurich in the 60s as part of a dining set. I am unsure of the wood, I would like to know if they are of any value
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the cabinet have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: not that I can see. but my friend is you going to have a look under the table and get back to me
JA: What condition is the cabinet in?
Customer: they are dining chairs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no

My screen name is Rarewares.

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels on the bottom or back.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

Write any word in the message box

then choose only ONE picture then send and do the next. It will not let you batch upload them all at once.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

I will answer on the justanswer.com website once I research and write the answer, so thank you for your patience.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
did you get the pictures, did I do it correctly

no.

Upload them in this chat instead.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will ask my son to the pictures when he gets home, I have just sent another picture but I dont think it is workingvcorrectly

This is a set of six walnut and upholstery dining chairs made in Switzerland in the 1960s valued at 125GBP each.

Please scroll to the top or bottom of this page and click all five stars to end this one.
On mobile, just write FIVE STARS if you do not see the blue words Rate the Expert to Finish.
Bonuses are welcome!

For another item (do not add them in this thread), start a new thread and write @rarewares.
No matter where you post, they go to a list where we compete for questions, so writing my name (@rarewares)
sends it to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
wow, thank you, ***** ***** have any idea
how I could go about selling them

Here are suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com,
Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com. For the UK, selency.uk,
loveantiques.com are good sites. For CANADA, kijiji.com and sellmystuffcanada.com are the most popular.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online
classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (local),
and letgo.com (local), and 5miles.com (local).

Use invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them if you don't want to do all of the work of
listing and dealing with sellers.

Bonuses are welcome!

For a new item, start over at
https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-rarewares/
and write @RAREWARES in the ask a question box.Be sure that you are logged in.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you, ***** ***** they were rather special, I collected them because they were going to go in a skip, �� I think they are super, but I live on a houseboat, so I do not have the room for them.

You are welcome!