Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

We have a 3 piece large basin, jug and soap dish with a

Customer Question

We have a 3 piece large basin, jug and soap dish with a penguin design. My mother who is 90 has asked us to sell it but we haven't a clue as to the value. It is in good condition
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the dish have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: We have a bridgewood wash basin, soap dish and jug with a penguin design. My mother who is 90 has asked us to sell it for her but we haven't a clue as to its value. I believe it may have come from south afica
JA: Do you know how old the dish is?
Customer: Definitely over 60 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Would you like a photo?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 8 days ago.

My screen name isCustomer

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels on the bottom or back.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

I will answer in writing (not a phone call or text)
once I research and write the answer, so thank you for your patience.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Each one has the bridgewood tag
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (LZVQ5Z4)
Expert:  Rarewares replied 8 days ago.

This is an early 1900s Broidgewood of England chamber set with penguin pattern valued at 275 for the pitcher and basin set and 75 for the lidded soap dish.

RATE this answer next...
Please scroll to the top or bottom of this page and click all five stars to rate my answer.
On mobile phone or app, just write FIVE STARS if you do not see the stars.
Bonuses are welcome!

Then...
For a new item (do not add more in this chat), use this link
https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-rarewares/
It is very important that you physically write these exact words when posting a new item-
I have another item forCustomer

Expert:  Rarewares replied 4 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer?
To finish, click all five green stars at the very top or very bottom of this screen.
OR please write FIVE STARS or THANK YOU.

-Rarewares

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 day ago.

.