Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have an oil painting I would like to get valued, No

Customer Question

I have an oil painting I would like to get valued
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Is there any info on the back of the painting, or a certificate of authenticity?
Customer: No certificate. It says ‘ original oil painting unlawful to copy’ on the back. It has a signature on the front.
JA: Do you know how old the painting is? What condition is it in?
Customer: It is in excellent condition. No idea of age.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The signature looks like Foma
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok
Expert:  Nora replied 11 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 days ago.

In order to properly assess what you have, I would please need to see images.

Please add images at your convenience.

To attach photos, there should be a blue document icon next to the SEND button.

~Nora

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (QG5PG5Q)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (SL5TQTV)
Expert:  Nora replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for the images.

What is the size?

Please also add a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature and a photo of the entire backside (do not remove from frame).

~Nora

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
18’’ wide x 22’’ high
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (MVS1P11)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (ZS64P47)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (741TG2S)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (PZM7G1Z)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (L33PGM4)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (T433VP6)
Expert:  Nora replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for the images and for your patience.

You have a vintage original floral still life painting that dates to the 3rd quarter of the 20th century, 1950’s - 1970’s, signed Foma.

It is by what is known as an unlisted artist, meaning one that does not sell at auction for fine art collector and investor purposes, but a painting that is more intended for decorative framed original wall art for the home, hotel or lobby setting. Oftentimes, the artist’s name that is on the painting is fictitious and they painted in factory settings in Mexico and China. They were sold in decorator shops, furniture show room stores and department store furniture sections.

Value, at 18" x 22", framed is $100 - $200. They do get offered for higher on online auction sites, but the realistic sales prices are lower than asking price.

Please now take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars.

The rating stars (5 being best) should be at the top or bottom of your screen.

On mobile or app, you will see "Rate Expert to Finish" at the bottom. When you tap it, it turns into the stars.

If you cannot locate the stars, please respond back with "Thank You" and admin will handle this is in a few days time.

~Nora