Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a pair of leitz binoculars in good nick and wanted to

Hi, I have a pair of leitz binoculars in good nick and wanted to know how much it would be valued at? Looking at website, they fetch for a good number but wanted to be sure
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: Unfortunately I do not
JA: What condition is the item in?
Customer: Very good condition. The sachet is in good condition too
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I have a pair of swift binoculars too that I want looking st. Binoculars are in good condition but the sachet is a bit besten

My screen name is Rarewares.

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels on the bottom or back.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

Write any word in the message box

then choose only ONE picture then send and do the next. It will not let you batch upload them all at once.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

I will answer on the website once I research and write the answer, so thank you for your patience.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (G6LSZ1P)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, I have attached photos of the Leitz binoculars

Leitz/Leica Trinovid 10x40 B binoculars with original leather case, 1975-1982, valued at 400 to 500GBP.

Kindly rate this answer next so the site will credit me for my work.
Click the five green stars or simply write the words FIVE STARS here.
Bonuses are welcome!

To ask about another item, do not add it here in this chat.
Use this link
https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-rarewares/
and physically write these exact words
HI RAREWARES I HAVE ANOTHER ITEM.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
with the condition of picture I showed you, would they go for 400-500GBP?

The condition looks good in the photo, are there issues that I am not seeing?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
not with these binoculars, no. Just need a bit of a clean. Lastly, could they be fake at all? there is no paperwork with them

no, there are no fake ones.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
would anyone particularly be interested in purchasing these at all or just a case of auction sites?

Here are suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com,
Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com. For the UK, selency.uk,
loveantiques.com are good sites. For CANADA, kijiji.com and sellmystuffcanada.com are the most popular.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online
classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (local),
and letgo.com (local), and 5miles.com (local).

Use invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them if you don't want to do all of the work of
listing and dealing with sellers.

Please scroll to the top or bottom of this page and click all five stars to end this one.
On mobile, just write FIVE STARS if you do not see the blue words Rate the Expert to Finish.
Bonuses are welcome!

For a new item, start over at
and write @RAREWARES in the ask a question box.Be sure that you are logged in.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you ever so much, should I post the other binoculars in new request?

yes, you have to rate me for this answer so they will compensate me then it gives you the option to ask another.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have rated you 5 stars and started a new question

thank you.

For future consideration, I specialize in fine and costume jewelry, porcelain, lamps, books, pottery, glass, furniture, mid-century modern, art, coins,
silver, gold, figurines, clocks, watches, toys, pocket watches and dolls.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
okay great, i may have some more things based on that to be considered - thanks again for your time