Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Carlton ware tobacco pot with a heraldic design on

I have a Carlton ware tobacco pot with a heraldic design on it made. For bacon Bros Cambridge, no other design, I am down sizing what should do? Give it to the charity shop?
JA: What would you like to learn about the item? Do you know how old it is?
Customer: No age reference
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the item in?
Customer: it is in good condition
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: i don’t think so

My name is Rarewares.

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels that you can find.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Did the photo go through to you?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The vase next to the tobacco pot was bought from the ritz after it was bombed in the war by my grand father, there are no markings on the vase. Could it be of interest?

I can only do the one item. Please show me a close photo of the bottom and one on the jar upright

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I don’t seem to have the icon for sending the photos to you

Our Customer Support team is available to help you 24/7.
In the UK: 0-***-***-****.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
File attached (SS4QT2V)
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Did the photos get to you?

This is an early 1900s Carlton ware tobacco jar

with a heraldic design on it made for sale at Bacon Bros Cambridge

Value: 65GBP

Here are suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com,
Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com. For the UK, selency.uk,
loveantiques.com are good sites. For CANADA, kijiji.com and sellmystuffcanada.com are the most popular.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online
classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (local),
and letgo.com (local), and 5miles.com (local).

Use invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them if you don't want to do all of the work of
listing and dealing with sellers.

Please scroll to the top or bottom of this page and click all five stars to end this one.
On mobile, just write FIVE STARS if you do not see the blue words Rate the Expert to Finish.
Bonuses are welcome!

For a new item, start over at
https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-rarewares/
and write @RAREWARES in the ask a question box.Be sure that you are logged in.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your help

you are welcome.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
As the phone call never happened do I get a refund?

It expires on its own because I never clicked ACCEPT on my end.