ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

What is the value of a 50th anniversary 1938-1988 Mallard

what is the value of a 50th anniversary 1938-1988 Mallard first day cover ?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the item in?
Customer: Slight tear on the cachet part of the envelope not affecting the stamp
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Other than the above in really good condition

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you can please post clear photos of your first day cover so I can give you an accurate evaluation. To add photos from a COMPUTER- use the blue paper with arrow symbol by the SEND to load one photo at a time by browsing your device. then add a message in the text with each picture before you hit send. , something like front, side or bottom so I know what the picture is. MOBILE/TABLET- you should be able to text them here. Write a word in the comment box, attach photo then hit send and do the next. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Mike
Thank you for your speedy response. Please find attached 2 photos of the first day cover - front and back.
Glyn

Hi Glyn, Thank You for the photos. Let me do a little research and I'll be back shortly. Thanks Mike

Hi, After my research your Mallard 50th anniversary 1938-1988 first day cover. These Royal Mail stamps were affixed to specially designed envelopes and postmarked on the first day that the stamps were issued. 10.05.1988 | Mallard Rail Riders, Postmarked at York and has a value in today's market at auction with similar examples in good condition £15.00 + to excellent condition £25.00 + depending on the collector or consumer. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer by
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
The stars are located at the top of the page RATE YOUR EXPERT 5 stars being the best or just write Thank You and I'll get credit for helping you. On mobile or app, you will see "Rate Expert to Finish" at the bottom. When you tap it, it turns into the stars.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How would I go about selling it ?

Hi Glyn, Yes you can try sites like Ebay, Etsy, LetGo, Charish, Mercari or Market Place but I would try a local auction house with a good reputation that advertises but use a reserve on your first day cover so it does not sell for pennies on the dollar but with this PANDEMIC going on they might be hard to sell right now. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

Hi Glyn, Your Welcome and if you ever need help in the future just ask and I would be glad to help you with any new questions you might have in the future I am very well versed in all antiques, coins, books, primitives, bottles, clocks & watches,collectibles etc. just put FOR MIKE or NCSUNBURST ONLY at the front of your question in just the APPRAISALS category not ANTIQUES. Thanks Mike