Robert Smidth
Robert Smidth,
Experience:  dasdasd
73504548

I have inherited a couple of large plates, could you tell me

Customer Question

I have inherited a couple of large plates, could you tell me if they are worth anything please ?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the plate have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: They both have metal hangings, one has Italy written on the back with some numbers, the other has no markings that I can see, pictures are available
JA: Do you know how old the plate is? What condition is it in?
Customer: no idea how old both in reasonable condition, one has slight nicks on edge where hangings have been.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: one could be hand painted and I think it is rather unusual.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert Smidth replied 7 days ago.

Hello there!

My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you for using JustAnswer to solve your question.

Could you provide pictures?

To add pictures to your question, simply click into the small blue document icon or camera icon which is near the red SEND button. You can attach one file at a time, then write text in the box and hit the SEND button.

If you are texting, send the images to this number and I will be able to see them.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (P2T3423)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (Z62Z2PM)

A vintage made in Italy hand painted plate from circa 20th century currently holds a market value of 40-60$ for each plate. This value is determined by performing a market research based upon similar items sold in latest auctions and private sales.

If you are selling, I would recommend starting on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. Good market places are Etsy, Amazon Market Place and eBay.

For local selling, I would recommend Craigslist which is free, fast and easy to use.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer, if answering by text, please, kindly write "thank you" to know I have helped you!

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
That appears to be a very broad answer I was hoping for something a little more accurate with a little detail on the plates, I have already established various selling market places, but was hoping for more detail on each plate to help advertise them effectively .

You are welcome!

Sure, what do you want to know about each piece? If you include a lot of details in the ad it won't have a broad audience.