Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

Have, i think a 100 year plus hand sewing machine with no i

hi, have , i think a 100 year plus hand sewing machine with no i d or serial number ? the machine is black with some gold scroll markings on body and small randon mother of pearl inlay in the base, with 2 cherubs and a bird on the base. comes in i a lockable elabonate marketry inlay wooden box /base,with key. any ideas,, regards robin..
JA: What would you like to learn about the sewing machine? Do you know how old it is?
Customer: hi been in the family for 90 years but appears to have no i.d. or number.?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the sewing machine in?
Customer: machine in working good condition some inlay on wooden box tatty..
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: not realy

My name is Glenda,

I hope you and yours are doing well. Is it possible you can send me some images?

If so see instructions below!

IMAGES CANNOT BE TEXTED TO ANY PHONE, WE WORK BY COMPUTERS ONLY!

.

Images texted to(###) ###-####number will not arrive to me, that is a no reply number

.

Use the small blue document icon with the up arrow, down on the bottom of the page where you write back to me to add pictures.

It might be blocked by an offer banner, close that and you'll see the blue icon.

It works best if you add one picture, write a word in the text area, send, then do the next photo.

.

Or the blue camera icon if you are on mobile

.

If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images, Be sure to be signed into Google Chrome in order for this link to work, if not signed into Google Chrome, then you have to copy and paste the link in your browser.

.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/search?f=how+to+add+photos

.

You can also call this number for help with photos 1(###) ###-####/p>

.

Or you can use this site, then forward the link from your pictures to the message area.

https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images

.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.

.

Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".

.

In the body of the message put , your user name and name.

.

Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.

.

Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.

.

Glenda

I have not heard back from you on the sewing machine. With the description you have given it sounds like you have a machine in original case from the late 1800's as such these are valued at 350.00-400.00 GBP

There are good options for selling online if you like:

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.

.
Etsy is a great site. There is also craigslist locally which is free. Your town might even have a Facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale).
Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay, I recommend setting reserves.
.
I hope you have a good day.
.
It was a pleasure working for you.
.
More Items? I am happy to help with those.
.
Just use this link www.justanswer.com
Write these exact words in the box HI GLENDA I HAVE ANOTHER ITEM.
.
To finish, click the fifth green star at the bottom or top of the screen.
.
Bonuses are also welcome! Many ask where to leave bonuses, adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page.

Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
hi glenda, many thanks for your reply and useful info, the pleasure was all mine regards robin..

You are very welcome if you need anything else feel free asking for me