Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have inherited a ladies chalet watch marked 14K on reverse

Customer Question

I have inherited a ladies chalet watch marked 14K on reverse of watch- cannot see a model number- it has a gold bracelet strap with a bark clasp numbered 3/000. its in need of repair and cleaning as it's no longer working and glass covering fallen out along with 3 circular diamonds and 1 baguette, which are missing. Is it worth repairing?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the bracelet is?
Customer: No. From images on line maybe between 1940's and 1960's. It has a rectangular face.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I have no idea. It's not in its original box.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com!

My screen name isCustomer and I would be happy to help you with your question.

Please add photos of the item and marks, labels, or writing if the piece has them.

If you are on a computer, please use the blue document with up arrow symbol or paper clip

by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

On the mobile phone, upload them to this chat.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Chalet is on the face and 14k is on the back. The only other marking I can see is on the clasp 3/000
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have sent you a photo from my mobile. The bracelet has basket weave with a bark clasp, and the only markings are as stated above.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** do not have any further information.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don't think you can help. Please will you refund the £5.00. I was told it was fully refundable. Thank you.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 12 days ago.

I need to see the face of the watch, the back of the case and the bracelet ends.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok. I will take photos. Thank you.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 12 days ago.

Great. Take them on white paper if possible for the best results. My answers are not immediate, so thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 11 days ago.

Will you be able to add photos?

Expert:  Rarewares replied 7 days ago.

.