Robert Smidth
Robert Smidth,
Experience:  dasdasd
73504548

We have a presumed cast iron garden ornamental vase. It

Customer Question

Hi, we have a presumed cast iron garden ornamental vase. It stands without the plynth at about 3 foot. It is very weathered. We have owned for at least 60 years. My father was an antique dealer and he kept it as he liked it so much. He always told us it was quite valuable. I'd gladly send you a photo.
JA: You can share images and other files once you're connected with the Antiques Appraiser. Are there any unique markings or symbols on the vase?
Customer: Single mask each side with a handle. Looks like Coalbrookdale but we were always told there needed to be two masks each side to be Coalbrookdale
JA: Do you know how old the vase is? What condition is it in?
Customer: Pressumed Victoria. Always been kept outside so very weathered
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No, don't think so
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 9 days ago.

My name is Rarewares.

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels that you can find.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

Best Regards,

Rarewares

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (Q225666)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
There is no writing or labels
Expert:  Rarewares replied 9 days ago.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos.
I am not able to respond after I remove myself from the request. Good luck!

Expert:  Robert Smidth replied 8 days ago.

Hello there,

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

A cast iron garden ornamental vase Victorian circa late 19th century currently holds a market value of 7,000-10,000$. This value is determined by performing a market research based upon similar items sold in latest auctions and private sells.

If you are selling, I would recommend starting on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. Good market places are Etsy, Amazon Market Place and eBay.

For local selling, I would recommend Craigslist which is free, fast and easy to use.

I would beinterested in appraising other antiques or collectibles items. If you have another question, DO NOT ask it here, instead use this link:

justanswer.com/antiques/expert-cejcewwa/