Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

What is the process to receive advice and a quotation?

Hi what is the process to receive advice and a quotation? Thanks
JA: What would you like to learn about the item? Do you know how old it is?
Customer: We think 110 years old
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the item in?
Customer: Good. There is discolouration to some of the plates but most are good. One has a small chip on the underside
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The China tea set pieces were inherited from my husband’s grandmother in Scotland
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Photo of set
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
All of what we have
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hallmark under tea cup
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Underside of side plate

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

These are antique English Staffordshire wares by Samuel Radford from Longton.

The English Registry Numbers indicate that these were made in 1893.

The fine china for dining market is currently slumped. Sets do not sell for what they used to sell for a few decades ago and the market was further impacted by the Recession.

Value of your set is 235GBP.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you here.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you. Is there any worthwhile platform to try and sell?

You are very welcome.

My pleasure to have been of help to you here.

Though it may sound cliche, a great platform for selling is on Ebay. It is where the most potential buyers would first go to search for such items. You can also try listing on Craigslist, through a for sale forum group on Facebook on offerup.com and letgo.com or a local consignment shop. I do not recommend selling direct to a dealer, as a dealer will offer 10% - 30% of the lowest perceived value.

~Nora

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi is it possible to ask you another question?

Certainly!

I will be happy to help with more items. You will have to start a new question request.

For a new item, start over at:

https://justanswer.com/antiques/expert-noratreasurehuntress/

Be sure to add FOR NORA at the beginning in the ask a question box

If a different person responds, you can ask him/her to opt out or opt the person out from your end.

~Nora

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi I signed up for a 7 day trial today and have asked 2 questions. When I clicked on your link it asked me to sign up again and for my card details. Not sure what to do? Thanks

I am sorry that is happening.

I really only handle valuation questions in this category.

Customer service should be able to help: United Kingdom 0***-***-****

~Nora