Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have just been given a small chest of drawers, I think

Customer Question

I have just been given a small chest of drawers, I think mahogany and hand made, I would love to find out how old it is
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the chest of drawers have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: Nothing I can find
JA: What condition is the chest of drawers in?
Customer: one handle is partly missing but otherwise I would say its in fair condition
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 16 days ago.

My name isCustomer

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels that you can find.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (7G1L411)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (27M6747)
Expert:  Rarewares replied 16 days ago.

This is a late 1800s mahogany four-drawer chest with ebonized columnar sides, bracket feet and brass hardware, the chest valued at $400.

Here are suggestions for selling: Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online
classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- NextDoor.com, Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (regional),
and Offerup.com (regional), and 5miles.com (regional).

Here are some great suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com,
Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com.

I am happy to help with more in a new window. Start a new request by writing the word @RAREWARES at
https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-rarewares/
The only way to contact me through JustAnswer.com is by writingCustomer

The option to leave a bonus comes up right after rating, then it quickly disappears (it is on the desktop version of the site only).
I would be grateful for the consideration.