Robert Smidth
Robert Smidth,
Experience:  dasdasd
73504548

I have what is believed to be a seventeeth century linen

I have what is believed to be a seventeeth century linen cabinet with drawers which is in three parts. It is laquered in blue with gold leafing and was the property of my grandmother. Over the years I have been advised not to have it restored. I do have a picture of this linen cabinet.
JA: What would you like to learn about the cabinet? Do you have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: The serial number is not obvious so probably can only be assessed on dis-assembly. The design is tea scenes in ancient China. I have a picture which can be sent online
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the cabinet in?
Customer: It looks good but is in need of restoration
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Seeking valuation and auction

Hello there,

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Can you provide pictures?

To add photos to your question, simply click the small blue document icon or the camera icon near the red SEND button. You can attach one file at a time, then write text in the box, and hit the SEND button.

If you are texting, send the images to this number and I will be able to see them. It is important you send them one pic at a time.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (Z5L2MTL)

How do you know it is from 17th century? Do you have pics of the metallic parts? Was it restored?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I will take you up a telephone conversation for £16 sometime tomorrow(perhaps in the afternoon if this is acceptable ?) A local neighbour who has some knowledge suggested it goes for auction, My grandmother bought it in the 1920's in London's St James's and I am anxious that it should go to a collector. I had it valued about 22 years ago for about £2000 auction starting price and was advised not to restore it.
With many thanks
Michael Flagg (16th October)

34$ is only for the phone call. No problem, I don't do phone calls, it was JustAnswer who offered the service!

A fine quality hand painted 17-18th century linen cabinet with drawers currently holds a market value of 4,000-5,000GBP. This value is determined by performing a market research based upon similar items sold in latest auctions and private sales.

If you are selling, I would recommend starting on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. Good market places are Etsy, Amazon Market Place and eBay.

For local selling, I would recommend Craigslist which is free, fast and easy to use.

I would beinterested in appraising other antiques or collectibles items. If you have another question, DO NOT ask it here, instead use this link:

justanswer.com/antiques/expert-cejcewwa/

Robert Smidth,
Experience: dasdasd