Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2021
71377891

I have inherited several paintings by an artist called Mack

Customer Question

Good Afternoon, i have inherited several paintings by an artist called Mack kock. The little information i could gind was tjat he was born 1897 in Dresden died in 1946 in Hamburg. Definitely a unique artist i was hoping you may have a little more information about the artist and if at all there was a market for his work.
JA: Hi there. Is there any info on the back of the painting, or a certificate of authenticity?
Customer: The only thing on the back of the frames is a sticker with Reading Fine Art Gallery LTD Pictures Framers and Restorers.***** Reading, Berks and job Number.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Before I do, is there anything else you want them to know about the piece?
Customer: It's not just one piece i have 4 by that artist.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (7PG4P72)
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i am more then happy to wait.
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 10 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  Nora replied 10 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 days ago.

I will be happy to help you.

There really is very scant information on the German artist Mack Kock (1897 - 1946).

I am not sure if you canme across this information, which is in German: "Kock gilt als Surrealist der ersten Stunde und war lange Zeit der einzige Vertreter dieser Stilrichtung im norddeutschen Raum. Sein künstlerisches Talent förderte Prof. Beckerath, dessen Meisterschüler Kock wurde. Kock war fasziniert von der Welt der Artistinnen, Tänzerinnen, Milieus und Dirnen. Von den Schattenseiten einer Großstadt."

Translated it states: "Kock is considered a surrealist from the very beginning and for a long time was the only representative of this style in northern Germany. His artistic talent was encouraged by Prof. Beckerath, whose master student Kock was. Kock was fascinated by the world of artists, dancers, milieus and prostitutes. From the dark side of a big city."

Your works, however, do appear to be print reproductions in these images.

If originals, value is 800GBP each.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you here.

Sincerely,

Nora