Robert Smidth
Robert Smidth,
Experience:  dasdasd
73504548

I have a canteen of Cristofle/France silver cutlery. Wedding

Customer Question

I have a canteen of Cristofle/France silver cutlery. Wedding gift 1970. What are the hallmarks I should look for
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the cutlery have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: Yes it has cristofle france and 2 and a symbol like a flower
JA: What condition is the cutlery in?
Customer: Well used, been in dishwasher etc
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I can't see any other markings
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 4 days ago.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Robert Smidth replied 4 days ago.

Hello there,

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Can you provide pictures?

To add photos to your question, simply click the small blue document icon or the camera icon near the red SEND button. You can attach one file at a time, then write text in the box, and hit the SEND button.

If you are texting, send the images to this number and I will be able to see them. It is important you send them one pic at a time.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (Z361MVT)
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Forget it, cancel this subscription please

IT looks a silver plated set. As this piece seems to contain precious metals (gold or silver), it is important to check whether it has a gold or silver hallmark. The mark can be designated as 10K, 14K, 18K, GF, GP, or 925, as well as sterling, silver, or a lion icon mark. Please, check the item to determine if there is a mark. In the absence of a mark, the item is likely gold plated or gold colored. Nevertheless, even with the absence of a mark, it would be a good idea to perform a silver/gold acid test to ensure that it is not made of gold. You can purchase an acid test on Amazon (they are inexpensive–usually less than $10).