Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Looking for an appraisal on an old perfume bottle, Frosted

Customer Question

Looking for an appraisal on an old perfume bottle
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the bottle have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: Frosted bottle, gold design with blue sapphire looking gems
JA: Do you know how old the bottle is? What condition is it in?
Customer: Very good condition, not sure on age
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (T7QGQTP)
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 5 days ago.

Expert:  Robert Smidth replied 5 days ago.

Hello there,

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Can you provide pictures of any maker's mark or gold hall mark?

As this piece seems to contain precious metals (gold or silver), it is important to check whether it has a gold or silver hallmark. The mark can be designated as 10K, 14K, 18K, GF, GP, or 925, as well as sterling, silver, or a lion icon mark. Please, check the item to determine if there is a mark. In the absence of a mark, the item is likely gold plated or gold colored. Nevertheless, even with the absence of a mark, it would be a good idea to perform a silver/gold acid test to ensure that it is not made of gold. You can purchase an acid test on Amazon (they are inexpensive–usually less than $10).

To add photos to your question, simply click the small blue document icon or the camera icon near the red SEND button. You can attach one file at a time, then write text in the box, and hit the SEND button.

If you are texting, send the images to this number and I will be able to see them. It is important you send them one pic at a time.