Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Are you able to give me a value for a Royal Doulton Dinner

Are you able to give me a value for a Royal Doulton Dinner Service, pattern Royal Windsor Blue? I am planning to have it shipped to my daughter in Canada.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: Bought in 1963.
JA: What condition is the item in?
Customer: Pristine.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The number of pieces?

Your 1963 Royal Doulton of England Dinner Service in the Royal Windsor Blue pattern is valued at 900GBP.

Here are suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com,
Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com. For the UK, selency.uk,
loveantiques.com are good sites. For CANADA, kijiji.com and sellmystuffcanada.com are the most popular.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online
classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (local),
and letgo.com (local), and 5miles.com (local).

Use invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them if you don't want to do all of the work of
listing and dealing with sellers.

For a new item, use the Ask this Expert another Question link.

In that new text box, write the word @rarewares in order to get me again.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What pieces have you included in the assessment?

A service is loosely a service for 10 to 12 people and several serving pieces.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No thank-you I do not wish to pay extra.

I did not send that.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My set comprises 6 each of dinner plate, salad plate, tea plate, soup cup and saucer. 1 sauce boat and saucer, 2 tureens with lid, 1 oval serving dish, and one 13.5 " oval platter.

Then your set is valued at 400 to 550GBP.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank-you.

you are welcome