Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a dark blue with gilt heron decoration & gilt edging

I have a dark blue with gilt heron decoration & gilt edging “teapot” and 6 cups, the teapot has Japan printed on the base The cups are unmarked but decorated the same. Would they be worth anything or are they a modern item?

This is a 1960s to 1980s cobalt blue and gold crane motif Japanese tea set valued at 75GBP.
For the UK, selency.uk,
loveantiques.com are good sites if you are planning to sell.

Here are suggestions for selling: Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online
classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- NextDoor.com, Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (regional),
and Offerup.com (regional), and 5miles.com (regional).

Here are some great suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com,
Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com.

I am happy to help with more in a new window. Start a new request by writing the word @RAREWARES at
https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-rarewares/
The only way to contact me through JustAnswer.com is by writing RAREWARES.

The option to leave a bonus comes up right after rating. Then it quickly disappears (it is on the desktop version of the site only).
I would be grateful for the consideration.