Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I am looking to get a rough evaluation of an antique

Customer Question

HI - I am looking to get a rough evaluation of an antique chesterfield sofa for my parents who are looking to sell this item before they move. Description. Fabric and buttoned antique Chesterfield in need of reupholstering for sale. I have photos if easier ?
JA: The Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the sofa have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: no dont think so but can find out
JA: Do you know how old the sofa is? What condition is it in?
Customer: its in pretty good condition as it was upholstered 20 years ago , I suspect it will need some work and the photos will show that
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: no not at this time , i think the photos will help
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
File attached (MVV6MT5)
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
File attached (6446364)
Expert:  Rarewares replied 21 days ago.

This is a 1910 to 1930s Chesterfield button tufted sofa valued at 200 to 300 in this condition.

For the UK, selency.uk,

loveantiques.com are good sites if you are planning to sell.

Here are suggestions for selling: Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online
classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- NextDoor.com, Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (regional),
and Offerup.com (regional), and 5miles.com (regional).

Here are some great suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com,
Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com.

YOUR NEXT ITEM
To ask about another item, please don't add on to this chat.
Start a new request by writing the word @RAREWARES at
https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-rarewares/
I specialize in fine and costume jewelry, porcelain, lamps, books, pottery, glass, furniture, mid-century modern, art, coins,
silver, gold, figurines, clocks, watches, toys, pocket watches, and dolls.
-Rarewares

RATE MY SERVICE
The option to leave a bonus comes up right after completing the survey. Then it quickly disappears (it is on the desktop version of the site only).
I would be grateful for the consideration.