Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a small scene in a bottle given to my father by a

Customer Question

I have a small scene in a bottle given to my father by a German POW WW2. Where could I get it valued lease?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the bottle have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: it looks like it’s an old cough bottle or antiseptic bottle. It says Made in England on the base and a record number
JA: What condition is the bottle in?
Customer: Very good. The cork in the end has a bit of historical damage but it’s been in a display cabinet for over 70 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It’s a harbour scene, hand painted with boat, lighthouse, windmill and train with cotton wool smoke coming from funnel
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 15 days ago.

Hi there, my name is Glenda
.
I hope you and yours are doing well. Is it possible you can send me some images?

If so see instructions below!

.
Use the small blue document icon with the up arrow, down on the bottom of the page where you write back to me to add pictures.

It might be blocked by an offer banner, close that and you'll see the blue icon.
It works best if you add one picture, write a word in the text area, send, then do the next photo.
.
Or the blue camera icon if you are on mobile

.
If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
https://www.justanswer.com/help/search?f=how+to+add+photos
.
You can also call this number for help with photos 1(###) ###-####br/>.
Or you can use this site, then forward the link from your pictures to the message area. https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images
.

At last resort, you can email them! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to,***@******.***, in the subject line put "Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put, your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered on justanswer with, so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Photos as requested
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 14 days ago.

The Antique Hand Crafted Scene in a Bottle, made in Germany has an estimated value on the current market for an average of 150.00-160.00 GBP. If you plan on selling. There are some great sites you can sell from.

.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally.

Etsy is a great site. There is also craigslist locally which is free.
.
Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay, I recommend setting reserves.
.
I hope you have a good day.
.
It was a pleasure working for you.
.
FOR YOUR NEXT ITEM! Click the Ask Me Another Question link and write FOR GLENDA B ONLY in the box
if you do not see that then~~~!!!
.
Just use this link https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-glenda-b/?rpt=21004

Physically write the words FOR GLENDA B ONLY
.

I strive to provide the best 5 start service possible, if you have any questions feel free asking me.

Bonuses are also welcome! Many ask where to leave bonuses, adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer
Glenda